Friday, December 11, 2009

Tips for oily skin and greasy hair?!?

i have really greasy hair and oily skin. I do wash my hair every day but its not greasy because of that I only began washing it more frequently because of how greasy it started to become i used to be able to leave it for a few days but now its greasy in a matter of hours after washing. Its not that noticable but it just makes me feel unclean





any suggestions?Tips for oily skin and greasy hair?!?
Firstly, drink a lot of water. Your body produces excess oil to make up for a lack of hydration. Drinking more water will clear your skin and make it less oily.





Short term solution for oily skin = blotting papers, which you can get in most beauty shops. You just blot your skin when it gets a bit shiny. Make-up will clog your pores up, but if you want to wear it, I recommend mineral make-up. Bare escentuals' mineral make-up range is apparently so natural that you can sleep in it...





Also, you can get various ';oil control'; skin care products (I believe Clean and Clear, and Neutrogena have ranges) which my brother swears by.





As for the hair, go back to washing it every other day. You're stripping it of its' natural oils by washing it daily, which is why it's getting greasy faster, it's overcompensating. Buy a shampoo and conditioner specifically for greasy hair (only put the conditioner on the lengths and ends, not roots), and use it every other day (maybe only condition every other wash). Go easy on products like mousse or hairspray, they can sometimes make your hair look greasy.Tips for oily skin and greasy hair?!?
Try loosing the sulfate-based shampoos. I used to have ';oily hair'; but then I discovered that the shampoos I was using was actually causing my problem. I've since switched to more gentle shampoos that do not use sulfates and magically my hair isn't ';oily'; any more and my scalp doesn't itch either.





You can get them from a variety of web sites but my favorite it www.naturallycurly.com. They're really good for curly hair since the sulfate in the shampoo is actually damaging to curly hair.





For your skin, you might try the OCM. I know it sounds strange but, like hair, skin will OVER PRODUCE oil if you strip too much of what it makes natually.
  • reliable web hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    emergency loan