Friday, December 11, 2009

Best foundation for oily/combination skin?

I have oily/combination type skin. I was wondering which foundation is best. I have acne scars that I'd like to cover up so medium to full coverage would be great.





Also maybe recommend a good setting powder to go along with the foundation?


Maybe some tips on the application or touch ups?





Give me anything from drugstore to high end brands.





Thank you :)Best foundation for oily/combination skin?
I love MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix Powder plus foundation. It's really good for oily skin in my opinion, definitely not good for dry. My skin was really really oily, especially on my nose and chin and this seemed to help out a bunch. It contains Silica which is supposed to ';help maintain a matte finish by absorbing oils on the skin'; it says.





Aha, when I bought it I didn't really look that deep into it, all I knew was that I loved how I didn't look like a grease ball. You don't really need a finishing powder for this, at least that's what the girl at the makeup counter told me, but I still use their Mineralize Skinfinish (which I love!) and it doesn't really make a difference besides giving you this totally nice natural glow. If you don't try the foundation at least try this, it's the greatest!





And as far as drugstore goes I've heard that Revlon Colorstay foundation for Oily/Combo was excellent but I've never actually tried it so I don't know for sure. Still, it's been compared to MAC Studio Fix Fluid so it must be good. Hope this helped. (:Best foundation for oily/combination skin?
I use Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Liquid Foundation. :)





I have oily/combo skin as well as (not just scars :P) acne.





It might come out looking like you have a lot of makeup on, but!-





if you have a concealer brush, devote this to the foundation.


Dab the tip in a little bit of the foundation, dab (a bit generously) over problem areas, and don't blend. Wait for the foundation itself to sort of set. leave it at that. don't go for allover coverage, unless scars are allover.





and the very few survivors of the smothering can be fixed with dabbing concealer on it rather than just the foundation.





Set with a bit of loose powder. It turns out a satin finish for me, not too matte or dewy. :]
I also have acne scars from the sun, and I use the BEST foundation ever! I use Smashbox High Definition Healthy FX Foundation, and I LOVE it!


Then I use the HD liquid concealer and set it with the HD Dual Finish Micro Powder SPF 15 . The products are a bit pricey, but it is VERY worth it. It also helps if you use the primer- i have to use Adjust (green) because of the redness on my face.
If your looking for cheap, GREAT quality foundation use revlon colorstay. My favorite higher end foundation is a MAC one...i forgot which
Use Revlon Colourstay Foundation.





It has different types of foundation for different types of skin
i personally love bare minerals because it helps your skin, whether it oily, dry or both

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
emergency loan