Friday, December 11, 2009

Controling oily skin?

I cannot seem to find anything that will control my skin. I've tried all different types of cleansers that promise to keep me ';shine free'; but I can only stay that way for the first half hour after I've washed. Does anyone know of any products that will help? Thanks.Controling oily skin?
Try a gentle cleanser that doesn't strip the moisture out of your skin. I like DHC brand Pure Soap. Use a moisturizer that absorbs oil, like Estee Lauder Clear Difference oil-absorbing moisturizer or Avene Clenance. After washing at night, use a toner with salicylic acid (I like Neutrogena Deep Clean) to exfoliate your skin, then follow with a dab of light but effective moisturizer (try Alba Botanicals sea plus cream). Even oily skin needs moisture. If you over-dry, your skin will just make more oil!





You might also try a mattifying primer, either under makeup or on its own. I like Boots No. 7 or Mary Kay.





I also like blotting paper, like another poster said. My favorite kind is Mary Kay blotting sheets. Choose an unpowdered variety, so you just lift oil off your skin without adding anything.Controling oily skin?
I have the exact same problem.


I'm now using Clean and Clear Morning Burst Shine Control facial cleanser, but it doesn't help very much.


A while ago, I tried Biore's Pore Minimizing moisturizer and I think that helped a lot more than the rest of the stuff I used. Biore also has a Shine Control moisturizer that I use sometimes. Biore is expensive, but I think you should try the pore minimizing lotion.


http://www.biore.com/usa/products/produc鈥?/a>
neutragena
i have the same problem ,clear skin but oily,stridex maxium daily care cleaning pads, they are for acne but try them.
I like to carry Clean and Clear oil absorbing sheets in my pocket to keep my oily skin under control while out and about. Just rub your skin with it, and it'll very clearly show how much oil is being removed. It usually doesn't remove all the shine, but I like it as a quick fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
emergency loan